Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sidewalks and Sun

Last year I worked with children in some rougher areas of our city.  We would take the children out and do all sorts of games, lessons, art, and the list goes on. This week we were teaching them about loving their neighborhood.  They made crafts for people they knew in their apartments so they could go knock on doors and brighten their day, share love, and tell those they thought of that they cared!  I really love photographing action.  Just people doing life and capturing the simple, yet beautiful things.  Also, I love just blessing people with something beautiful! These kids have never had family photos or really creative beautiful ones of themselves! For me it was a way to show them how I saw them and that I cared! Here are some samples from the day!